Monday, March 3, 2014

SFR Brigade Presents: Snippet from Dynasty!

The Science Fiction Romance Brigade is a lovely group of authors who work to promote this science fiction subgenre's potential as the best niche in the galaxy!  The newest idea is a sign-up, for up to 20 authors, for snippets to showcase our talents and give you an idea of our work.  Please visit SFR Brigade Presents! for this month's snippets.  And here is mine....

...in which Lord Kurtis Adamov, Prince Stefan Sinclair's love interest, admits to the depth of his feelings....

SFR Brigade Presents:  a snippet from Dynasty, book five of the To Be Sinclair series by Eva Caye

Kurtis fluffed up Stefan’s blond spikes. “I wish I could have you with me all the time, just so each moment would bring me joy.”

A small huff, a mere breath of amusement, was followed by tears springing to Stefan’s eyes.  “I’m so conflicted, though. Mother really does need us to carry on her work; she cannot trust anyone else with even the most basic tasks. And although I love my University work, I wish I were not hemmed into strict schedules.”

“At least you have the luxury of knowing what to expect of a day. Although I do go to a few major events and parties, I’m virtually Grandfather’s drudge, ‘marketing rep’ being a code-word for ‘minion who can handle the books as well as the peons’. I’m lucky if I can wake up of a day and actually have a plan to follow.”

[....]  “But Grandfather and Father need me as much as the Empress needs you.”

“True. We’ll just have to support each other as best we can.”

“And love each other whenever possible.”

Stefan lightly kissed his lips. “You mean, have sex whenever possible.” They laughed together. “Because I already love you, wherever you are and whatever you do.”



Explore the future of love and the galaxy!  Visit the Science Fiction Romance Brigade for snippets by many authors!

The Science Fiction Romance Brigade Home Page
The SFR Brigade Facebook Fan Page

1 comment:

Veronica Scott said...

Nice conversation, they seem to be stuck in very similar family situations all right!