Monday, October 20, 2014

It's NOT Writer's Block, I Swear!

I know what writer's block is like, and I've rarely had it.  I usually have so many ideas jostling for attention that my biggest difficulty is phrasing things efficiently.

Still, there are many times I've been frustrated when writing a scene.  I'm on the last chapter of Enter The Goddess, the first prequel to my To Be Sinclair series, and working through some old traumas while writing (and re-writing, and re-writing) a few scenes.  I told my editor it's like unpacking a wound and stuffing bleach-soaked gauze in it again (if your doctor prescribes Dakins solution, be prepared to either bite something or yell at the top of your lungs!), painful as hell though you know it will, someday, eventually not make you writhe and scream with the pain.

Whenever the pressure gets too much, I try to find an alternate activity that will soothe me and make me feel productive.  As a result, I revamped my book covers and put them together in twos, since they are companion novels.  I uploaded them to KDP, though they probably won't go 'live' until tomorrow.  Enjoy!




 DIGNITY on Amazon



 MAJESTY on Amazon



FEALTY on Amazon



ROYALTY on Amazon


DYNASTY on Amazon



LOYALTY on Amazon





NOBILITY on Amazon



MORALITY on Amazon













Oh, and the book of four novellas, Book 6.5 in the series!

My editor's favorite!  Evan's Ladies on Amazon

I'd have a hard time picking my favorite, although I really think I nailed the men's personalities in Dynasty, though not very many people like that book as much as the others.













Oh, and for funsies, the two prequels, hopefully to be finished by 2015:

 

No comments: